Christopher Lawrence launches ‘Lie To Ourselves’ remix competition
Christopher Lawrence has launched a remix competition in conjunction with Audacious Records and national music chain Billy Hyde in Australia.
This competition gives musicians the opportunity to remix Christopher Lawrence’s smash hit single ‘Lie to Ourselves’, which was released on Audacious Records last year.
The track, which was a co-production with a current year Grammy nominee Dave Audé, featured vocals by Jen Lasher. It received support from DJs including Matt Darey, Agnelli & Nelson, Judge Jules, Paul Oakenfold, Thrillseekers, M.I.K.E, Ronski Speed, Kuffdam, Dave Pearce, DJ Feel and David & Carr to name a few.
Now, thanks to Billy Hyde and Audacious Records, you have the opportunity to lend your own magic to this song, as well as the chance to win some fantastic prizes, including your remix being officially released on Audacious Records and sold at online record stores such as Beatport.
How To Enter
Step 1 – Join or Log-in to the VIP CLUB.
You must be a member of the VIP Club to enter this competition. Joining is FREE so go to http://www.billyhydemusic.com.au to log-in or register now.
Step one completed – you’re logged in as a VIP Club member!
Step 2 – Download Tracks
Once you’re logged in, go to and we’ll have the download link for the tracks waiting for you!
Step 3 – Create A Masterpiece
Use whatever means at your disposal to twist, turn and remix ‘Lie to Ourselves’ into whatever genre you see fit.
Step 4 – Submit Your Remix
Once you have completed your masterpiece then upload your tracks here before the 15th of March 2010.
NOTE: You must be logged in as a VIP Club member to upload here.
Check back soon for uploading details!
Email questions to email@example.com
* 1st Prize – Vestax VCI-300 with VFX + your track released by Audacious Records and published on BeatPort
* 2nd Prize – Ableton Live 8 + Novation Launchpad + Korg Kaoss Pad Mini
* 3rd Prize – Propellerhead’s Reason 4 + Korg Kaoss Pad Mini
Terms And Conditions
Christopher Lawrence & Billy Hyde Remix Competition Terms & Conditions
* All entries must be received no later than the 15th of March 2010
* Supplied samples will remain the property of ©Audacious Music and are to be used only in the purpose of this remix competition
* All remixed tracks will remain the property of ©Audacious Music and must not be distributed or used for any other purpose other than this remix competition
* Entrants must ensure all additional samples used must be copyright free and their own
* Billy Hyde or ©Audacious Music will not be held accountable for any breaches of copyright by the entrant
* For remix submission to be accepted, entrants must have a valid email address, be an Australian resident and be a member of the Billy Hyde VIP Club
* Winning entries will be announced via email and www.billyhydemusic.com.au on the 31st of March 2010
* Downloading these samples is deemed to be acceptance of the terms and conditions of this competition